I did it!!
I finally took the plunge into the
blogging world. I've been pondering it for a while... a couple of years
actually.
Why? Well, a number of reasons.
- I look at blogging as a way to have a journal of sorts, to record our life so I can look back on it in the future and remember that crazy little thing that one boy did. I type faster than I write, so I like the idea of it being electronic too. I'm realistic, I know women are 'reported' to have a memory like an elephant, but I know I will not remember all of it. If I write it down then hopefully, I will at least have it too look back on to remind me. The boys are growing up so fast and our lives are ever-changing; it will be gone before we know it. I am a sentimental person and love to reminisce so figured why not? Plus it might keep the posts on my personal Facebook page down a little. :) I'm sure some get annoyed with all of it on there. Ah, who cares, it is MY page after all, if they don't like it they don't have to read it.
- I have wanted to keep family who doesn't live near us updated on what is going on in our lives. We never seem to visit near often enough and every time I finally have a free quiet minute to call it is too late (you know what I mean...when the boys aren't screaming bloody murder because their brother "touched me" or they're fighting over a beloved toy tractor) then before you know it time has slipped away and another day goes by that I didn't get that phone call made.
- We are moving a house...yes, I said moving A house...not moving TO a house. The house isn't a trailer home either, it is a 114 yr old 2 story farm house that we are moving about 7 miles to a new location on our farm. The moving project is exciting and scary all at the same time and we want to document the process of this adventure. There has been many emotions (and I am sure will be even more to come) along with ups and downs with this project. I am eager to share them as well.
- I like to help people. If even one person benefits from something I blog about then I think it will be worth it. There are a few times I have gone through things is life and wish I had a "how-to-guide" available to help me understand it or just something or someone to remind me that I am not alone and it will all be OK. (Well, alright...maybe LOTS of times being the mother of 4 boys!) So, if someone stumbles across my blog and gets a chuckle after a long day, a smile from knowing they aren't the only one that puts the remote in the freezer and the ice cream on the counter before going to bed, (it really wasn't funny when I woke up the next morning and had melted/dried ice cream all down the front of the cabinets and a puddle on the floor to clean up, but I can laugh about it now! Dang pregnancy brain! ;) ) Or, perhaps, a comforting tear because they have also had the same challenges or stumbles in life or a "thank goodness" when they find a quick go-to recipe of mine that they can use too. Then really, I will be even happier knowing taking this "plunge" into blogging was worth it.
I enjoy writing; I think I get that from
my Grandma who used to teach and wrote for the local paper for years. If
blogging gives me a little bit of an outlet to do that and keeps my brain
stimulated besides...
and![]() |
| Team UmiZoomi |
...then I think that is a good thing. Right? I do not claim to be an expert in anything though, so if I have some grammatical errors or mistype something, please don't hange me. This is for fun. ;)
I've even set up a Facebook page for the blog it is Up On the Ridge, more to come down the road on why I chose the title.
Any who, welcome to my blog about my journey in life 'Up On the Ridge'!
Until next time...
Oh, man...now, I just have to figure out how to post this........





Blogging is fun! I'm horrible at keeping up with ours, but I'm glad for what I have documented. :)
ReplyDelete